Girls/Women's sport research
The following documents will give essential background information about women and sport.
- Association of Colleges - Sport in Further Education and Sixth Form Colleges >
- Sport England - Leanne 'Supportive singles' briefing paper >
- Leanne communication plan >
- Womens Sport and Fitness Foundation (WSFF) factsheet - young women and girls physical activity >
- Mobilising Young Women in Sport >
- Sports Citiizenship - Sustaining participation in fitness based activities >
- Sports Citizenship - Sustaining participation through clubs >
- StreetGames, Us Girls & Sports England with DIVA Creative - Scoping Exercise Into Young Peoples Attitudes & Engagement in Sport >
- Women's Sport and Fitness Foundation - Changing the Game for Girls >
- Women's Sport and Fitness Foundation - Women and Informal Sport >
- Women's Sport and Fitness Foundation - Young Women's Participation >
We have recently undertaken some research with a number of Us Girls projects in order to find out what kind of multi sport work is taking place, what is working well and what the challenges are. This report details findings such as the barriers projects face including childcare, exit routes and tracking systems, as well as the importance of the social elements, the close involvement of the co-ordinator, the coaching styles and structures of the sessions.
All projects interviewed were keen to continue with the multisport provision and are planning to build on what they had already planned/achieved. It is evident that projects would benefit from sharing the learning about multisport provision as there is little experience in this area of work for 16-24 year old women.
The full report can be read at the link below:
Sport England have launched 'Club Links Satellite Clubs'
This piece of work gives insight and intelliegence into profiling information into younger males and females, including pre written promotional messages aimed at young people