This workshop has been developed using learning from the StreetGames Young Volunteers programme. Learners will develop a better understanding of how to work with young people in a Doorstep Sport Setting.
By the end of the workshop, learners will:
- Know how to build an effective relationship with young people in a doorstep sport environment.
- Know how to identify where young people are in their life – their current situation and how they feel about it
- Understand the skills needed to have conversations with young people in a mentoring role and how to create an environment for this to take place
- Understand how to help young people develop their own plan
- Know how to deal with the differing needs and outcomes of young people – coming to a solution when sometimes the outcomes differ to what the mentor believes.
Fill out our training enquiry form if you are you looking to book a course exclusively for your organisation or if you would like to discuss something more bespoke.