Course duration: 2 days
Minimum age: 14
This qualification is aimed at helping young leaders or new staff develop their skills as local community leaders and mentors. It is an excellent starting point for a young coach considering a career in youth work who would like to use sport as an engagement tool, or for those who are new to community work.
- Develop an understanding of working in communities
- Develop an understanding of why partnership working is important
- Develop an understanding of the role of an activity leader
- Develop an understanding of how to engage hard-to-reach young people
- Develop an understanding of how to apply equality, diversity and inclusion within their role
- Develop an understanding of the health and safety requirements and boundaries relevant to own role
- Be able to plan a community-based activity
- Develop an understanding of how to monitor and evaluate community activities
If booking a whole course, this course requires a minimum of 10 learners and can support a maximum of 16 learners.
Fill out our training enquiry form if you are you looking to book a course exclusively for your organisation or if you would like to discuss something more bespoke.