Format: 2 days
Minimum Age: 14 years old
Delivery Method: Face to face and online, up to 16 participants
This qualification is aimed at helping young leaders or new staff develop their skills as local community leaders and mentors. It is an excellent starting point for a young coach considering a career in youth work who would like to use sport as an engagement tool, or for those who are new to community work.
- Develop an understanding of working in communities
- Develop an understanding of why partnership working is important
- Develop an understanding of the role of an activity leader
- Develop an understanding of how to engage hard-to-reach young people
- Develop an understanding of how to apply equality, diversity and inclusion within their role
- Develop an understanding of the health and safety requirements and boundaries relevant to own role
- Be able to plan a community-based activity
- Develop an understanding of how to monitor and evaluate community activities
Fill out our training enquiry form if you are you looking to book a course exclusively for your organisation or if you would like to discuss something more bespoke.