Format: 2 days
Minimum Age: 14 years old
Delivery Method: Face to face, up to 14 participants
This qualification will enable learners to provide peer support through an understanding of the individual and social drivers of healthy and unhealthy behaviours as well as signpost local health services. It will also provide knowledge of a health and wellbeing issue relevant to the learner and develop skills to deliver positive health messages.
Learners will take three mandatory units and one optional unit from a choice of seven.
The mandatory units are:
- YHC 1 Health Improvement
- YHC 2 Research Health Improvement Services
- YHC 3 Deliver a Health Improvement Message
The optional units are:
- YHC 4 Understanding Alcohol Misuse
- YHC 5 Encouraging physical activity
- YHC 6 Encouraging a Healthy Weight and Healthy Eating
- YHC 8 Supporting Smoking Cessation
- YHC 9 Understanding the Misuse of Substances
- YHC 10 Understanding Emotional Wellbeing
*we do not offer YHC 7 Understanding Sexual Health
Learners will demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the course through a portfolio which will involve a mix of group and individual written, photographic and video evidence activities.
Who is it for? Community sport project leaders, coaches and volunteers.
Additional Information: It offers the chance to build on skills previously gained through courses such as the Sports Leaders UK Level 1, 2 and 3 awards; national governing bodies of sport awards; and youth and community qualifications.
Fill out our training enquiry form if you are you looking to book a course exclusively for your organisation or if you would like to discuss something more bespoke.